INRS offers postdoctoral fellowship in its 4 centres. If you’re interested, you can send us your résumé or you can apply to a specific position posted by one of our professors.
Research Areas and Themes
Because of our vital mission to conduct fundamental and applied research on themes directly in line with Quebec's priorities, INRS places special importance on offering postdoctoral fellowships to enrich our research teams.
Rules and Specific Features
• Postdoctoral fellows receive a minimum base salary of $32,000 for one year of full time work.
• The research work undertaken as part of the fellowship should be connected with INRS fields of study. Candidate must have received their doctorate not more than five years prior to beginning the postdoctoral fellowship. On rare occasions, candidates may be admitted to a postdoctoral fellowship after submitting their dissertation. This submission must be confirmed by the candidate's research advisor. Candidates must have defended their dissertation within six months of officially submitting the dissertation for evaluation.
• Fellowship can begin at any time during the year. Fellows must dedicate themselves exclusively to the work they proposed when seeking the fellowship. Fellows are entitled to four weeks of vacation a year.
• French is the official language used at INRS.
• Postdoctoral fellowships at INRS are for one year, and may be renewed for an additional year upon positive evaluation by the fellowship Professor in charge and provided the necessary funds are available.
• On rare occasions, a fellowship may be renewed for a third year. Research Centres are responsible for selecting postdoctoral fellows.
Before submitting your application for a postdoctoral fellowship
- Contact the professor with whom you would like to do your postdoctoral fellowship
- Get a commitment from this professor that he or she will accept you as a postdoctoral researcher
Sending the Required Documents
Once you have been accepted by the professor who will oversee your fellowship, you must submit the following items:
- Your up-to-date résumé/CV
- A copy of your doctoral diploma, or a letter confirming that your dissertation has been officially submitted for evaluation
Applicant evaluations are based on the following criteria:
- Quality of academic record (including grants received)
- Candidate's project and how it fits with the scientific programming of the team or the Research Centre's publications and communications
- Letters of recommendation, as needed
- Other factors (specific experience, special qualifications, etc.)
- Alignment with INRS fields of research
The degree to which your research project fits with the programming of the INRS scientific team or Research Centre in question is one of the key factors in fellow selection. It is therefore strongly recommended that candidates contact either the INRS Research Centre of interest or a professor at the centre before submitting documents.
Eau Terre Environnement
Centre / Énergie Matériaux Télécommunications
Centre / INRS – Institut
Centre / UrbanisationCulture Société