Postdoctoral fellowships expand student's horizons and sharpen their research skills, enhance their ability to design and carry out projects, and advance doctoral training. INRS welcomes hundreds of postdoctoral fellows in the fields of water, earth and environmental sciences, engineering and advanced technologies, biosciences, and social sciences.
Director: Charles Gauthier, professor at INRS Armand-Frappier Santé Biotechnologie (Laval, QC, Canada)
Required qualifcations: Phd in synthetic organic chemistry obtained during the last five years (according of the date of the diploma). The candidate should have experience in multi-step organic synthesis and in 1D and 2D NMR analysis.
Financial support: 44 489 $ / year
Postdoctoral position in virology
- Postdoctoral Fellowship to evaluate the potential of essential oils present in emulsion or under vapour against a surrogate virus of Covid-19 (pdf)
Director: Monique Lacroix, professor at INRS Armand-Frappier Santé Biotechnologie (Laval, QC, Canada)
Required qualifcations : PhD in virology and experience in human cell culture in order to produce virus particles.
Financial support: This project supported by NSERC for one year in the context of Covid-19. The postdoc fellow will receive about 50 000 $ / year.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship to study the mechanisms of neurodegeneration in ALS and drug discovery (pdf)
Starting date: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Anticipated starting date is next fall 2020.
Open post-doctoral position in integrated optics fabrication
Required qualifcations: PhD degree in Engineering Physics, Applied Physics, Physics, Electrical and Computer Engineering or in a closely related field, and experience in the design and characterization of integrated optical devices
Salary: $45 000 (CAD) per year. The employment contract is for one year and is renewable for up to three years.
Starting date: The position is available immediately
Postdoctoral position in Microbiology
Director : Charles Calmettes, professor at Armand-Frappier Santé Biotechnologie Research Centre (Laval, QC, Canada)
Starting date : January 2018, or early 2018
How to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship
• Have a PhD awarded within the last five years before the start of the postdoctoral fellowship or have officially submitted a thesis for evaluation (the five-year period can be extended up to two years in the case of parental leave or family leave)
• Have received from your supervising professor approval for a postdoctoral fellowship for a specified period
• Ensure the research work you will undertake as part of the postdoctoral fellowship is connected with INRS fields of study